No information has been found about the Adams Brothers, other than an approximate date for this carte de visite. 115 Upper East Street as an address did not exist until the street numbering was changed in 1865-1866. Before this time the numbering did not go up into the 100s. In 1867 number 115 was the premises of Mr W. Llewellyn, a carver and gilder. After that time it was a shoe and boot warehouse for many years. As several Southampton early photographers started their working lives as carvers and gilders, and the trades were closely connected, it seems likely that the Adams Brothers were photographing from Mr Llewellyn's shop in 1867.